Are you doing updates in your home? Be sure that they’re updates that increase value and aren’t mistakes that could decrease value. Find out which mistakes you could be making that are decreasing your home values here.
Are you thinking of taking the plunge into owning an income property? We’ve helped clients buy and sell income properties that have turned out to be very profitable for them and we can offer our insights, tips and professional advice on steps to take to make the transaction a positive, profitable one. Take a look at this post for some initial tips. There are definitely costs that could tank your investment on a rental property and that’s what we want to avoid. Check out this post for the 3 hidden costs that can tank rental property profits. Then, come find out about what investment properties are currently on the market and talk to us because we may give you out of the box ideas as to how your purchase could become a rental property.
With this snowy Spring, it’s likely that you’re looking for a little fresh air and something that reminds you that it truly is Spring and Summer is just around the corner. Well, we’ve got the perfect spot for you. The Wharf Restaurant at the Madison Beach Hotel is the perfect getaway. If you’re looking for a relaxing lunch getaway with friends, a romantic dinner with a significant other, a spot for a drink with clients, or just want to try a new restaurant then The Wharf at Madison Beach Hotel is for you! Located in Madison, CT, your meals and drinks will be complimented with views of the Long Island Sound as is it
right on the beach. Whether you’re sitting in the dining room, enjoying the fresh air on the porch, or sitting at the bar, your view is stunning! My Mother, Sister, Aunt, Cousin and I topped off a very fun girls day with lunch at The Wharf. We had meals ranging from a classic burger to salmon nicoise salad to a beautiful tuscan chicken sandwich. All delicious! Service was exceptional. Wine was oh-so-satisfying and in case we haven’t mentioned it enough…the view was stunning! This was my second time at The Wharf and it won’t be my last. Next time, I’d like to try a romantic evening dinner and maybe even top it off with a stay at the hotel for a perfect “staycation” weekend getaway.
Happy Spring everyone! The Spring CT Real Estate Market is gearing up, but are you ready?! According to the Connecticut Association of Realtors, the past 3 published months of sales (January, December and November) have all reported an increase from the previous year in median sales prices and amount of homes sold for both residential single-family homes and townhouses/condos. This represents a fantastic trend and as soon as February is published in the next few days, we’ll report it to you. But, the question remains….what does this mean for you?
As a seller, this means….
- Now is a great time to sell!
- Your home may sell for more than it would have a year ago.
- You need to get your home ready to impress buyers as they begin to pick up their buying process.
So, what should you do?
- Use a price setting tool to see what your neighborhood’s market value currently is.
- Begin getting your home ready to sell!
- Contact us for a professional market analysis and assistance with getting your home show ready!
As a buyer, these statistic mean…..
- That there a large amount of buyers right now who are placing competitive offers so you need to be ready to put forth a strong offer.
- Your offer not only needs to be competitive in terms of number but also contingencies and financing.
So, what should you do?
- Get your credit ready and your pre-approval ready.
- Determine what you’re searching for. What are your must-haves and what neighborhoods are you interested in?
- Discuss strategy with us. Our goal is to find your family your dream home, at a great deal and in the right location. We want to be sure you win your home with an offer that’s competitive but also comfortable and confident for you. So we’ll help you with referral to a lender, give you tools on finding a neighborhood, show you what your price point can get you in that neighborhood and help you to craft an offer that is strong.
Whether you’re thinking about renovating your current home or want to channel your inner Chip and Johanna Gaines to buy and renovate a fixer-upper, you’ll need the funds to do it. There are multiple types of renovation/construction loans for you to access and every one has its pros and cons. Read more about them here. Then, begin searching for your fixer-upper or price compare other homes in your neighborhood to see if your neighborhood supports a renovation. As always, we’re here to help guide you in the right direction, find your home and give you the appropriate contact for renovation loans!
Who doesn’t love a good, classic cake? I think its a hard thing to accomplish…a cake that please the masses. Our kids birthday parties have ages ranging from 1-81 so getting a cake that the majority likes and that our children are excited about in terms of the design can be a challenge. Not to mention, we’d like it to be affordable and easy to order and pick-up. The Bakery at Best Market in Newington always accomplishes this for us. It’s become the
place we turn to for cakes. We’ve gotten birthday cakes there for large birthday parties and a small cupcake tray for an intimate gathering. While you’re there picking up your cake, be sure to check out their bagel cart, delicious and extensive array of pastries and have a small, complimentary coffee. The experience is always enjoyable and the results always delicious. For your next cake needs, head over to Best Market in Newington!